Terms & Conditions
AQUA FIT SWIMMING SCHOOL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PROVISION OF SWIMMING LESSONS, AQUA LESSONS, TUITION AND CLASSES
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you book swimming lessons with us and check that they contain everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
These terms govern how we will provide swimming lessons to you. If you are unsure any of these terms and want to talk to us about it, please get in touch by:
Who are we?
In this contract:
‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means AQUA FIT SENIOR LTD (company number 11875503) a company registered in England and Wales with our registered office at : 41 Skylines Business Village / Fao Jsa , Unix Acc, Limeharbour, Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom, E14 9TS. Trading under the name of : Aqua Fit Swimming School
‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy goods or services from us.
1.1 If you book swimming lessons from us you agree to be legally bound by these terms.
1.2 When booking any swimming lessons or any other classes or service you also agree to be legally bound by:
1.2.1 Any terms contained in our Welcome Letter (please see below);
1.2.2 extra terms which may add to, or replace some of, this contract. This may happen for security, legal or regulatory reasons. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this by giving you as much notice as reasonably possible. You can end this contract at any time by giving one month’s notice if we tell you extra terms apply.; and
1.2.3 the swimming pool rules and/or code of conduct of swimmers, spectators and visitors which are displayed at the swimming pool venue from time to time.
All of the above documents form part of these terms as though set out in full here.
2 Your privacy and personal information
3 Booking swimming lessons or other services from us
3.1 If you are interested in booking either yourself or a child onto one of our swimming courses or onto 1- to-1 (or 2 to 1) lessons you should first contact us to ensure that a place is available. We will let you know our swimming lesson fees before you decide to book any lessons or services with us.
3.2 Swimming lessons can be paid by either paying in full for a block of 6 lessons, or by setting up a direct debit and making an initial payment. We will always let you know the amount and date of your direct debit and the initial payment before you book.
3.3 Swimming lessons and other swimming tuition is subject to availability and are on a first come first serve basis. If lessons or tuition is not available at your preferred time we shall, with your permission, add you to a waiting list for swimming lessons at that time and venue.
3.4 Places on swimming lessons or tuition are not secured until the first payment if paying by direct debit or full payment for your block of 6 lessons has been received. We accept most credit cards and debit cards. We do not accept cheques, AMEX or Maestro. All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. Payment can be made by calling us.
3.5 If your payment is not received by us we may charge interest on any balance outstanding at the rate of 4% percentage points a year above National Westminster Bank plc’s base rate. We will email you to let you know if we intend to do this.
3.6 The price of our swimming lessons is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP) and includes VAT at the applicable rate.
3.7 There may be occasions when we cannot accept your booking. We will try to tell you promptly why we cannot accept the booking which is typically for the following reasons:
3.7.1 we cannot authorise your payment;
3.7.2 you are not allowed to buy the services from us;
3.7.3 we are not allowed to sell the services to you; or
3.7.4 there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the services.
3.8 We will only accept your booking when we confirm that payment has been received. We will then send you a Welcome Letter. At this point a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us.
3.9 Once your payment is received, you can create a username and password for your online portal. You will be able to see your payments and how many lessons are remaining from the block of lessons you have purchased. It is important to keep an eye on your portal to check payments and to secure your place on the next block of 6 swimming lessons.
3.10 When there is one lesson remaining on the current block of 6 lessons, we will start to take bookings for the next block of 6 lessons and the booking process as explained above will start again. Please note that the next block of lessons will be available to everyone to book and not just for existing swimmers on those lessons.
3.11 It is very important that we receive prompt payment for the next block of 6 lessons if you wish to re-book and remain on the current class. We cannot accept any responsibility is you lose a place on your chosen class time because you have failed to re-book and make payment.
3.12 If you are under the age of 18 you may not book any swimming lessons or swimming services from us.
3.13 Please note that we reserve the right to increase the price of our swimming lessons to reflect the increase in costs to us.
3.14 If you wish to permanently change the time or location of your lessons please contact us. We will let you know about any changes to the price of the course or anything else that would be necessary as a result of your requested change.
3.15 Once accepted into swimming lessons, swimmers will be automatically booked onto future blocks of lessons. Please inform us as soon as possible if you do not wish to book the next block of lessons as refunds will not be given once a block of lessons has commenced. Please also see our cancellation clause below.
4 Our swimming lessons and other services
4.1 We will provide the swimming lessons at the times and locations as displayed on our website from time to time.
4.2 On rare occasions our swimming lessons may be affected by events beyond our reasonable control. If so, we may have to postpone the lesson until such time as we are able to provide the lesson or swimming tuition again. Examples of events which might be beyond our reasonable control include (but are not limited to) the swimming venue being unavailable or our swimming instructor’s being unavailable at short notice or Government restrictions due to pandemic or epidemic.
4.3 If a swimming pool venue is unavailable for any reason, which could include closure or contamination, we will try to change the location of any booked lessons to an alternative pool at a location which is reasonably close to the original pool. We will try to give you as much notice as possible of the change.
4.4 Whist we shall aim for the continuity of instructors for lessons where possible, please note that we may have to change the instructor to accommodate our staff and business requirements such as instructor’s holiday or sickness. We will not usually notify you of such change.
5 ***Your Obligations***
5.1 Please read this clause carefully as we reserve the right to cancel your swimming lessons if any of these clauses are not adhered to by you, any guardian or any spectators accompanying you.
5.1.1 When you book lessons with us, you must provide full, accurate and up to date contact details including mobile telephone number. It is your responsibility to inform us of any change to such details;
5.1.2 You must provide us with accurate medical background and any additional support needs information for each participant of swimming lessons and/or tuition. It is your responsibility to inform us of any change to such information;
5.1.3 You must inform us of any information which may affect how we teach your child/the participant and which we would need to know in order to conduct our lessons as safely as possible;
5.1.4 You must take responsibility for ensuring that the participant is fit, well and free from any infectious ailments which could be passed on to others;
5.1.5 You, and any other parent, guardian or spectator must be courteous and respectful to our staff and the venue staff and other parents, guardians and spectators at all times;
5.1.6 You, and the participant and any other parent, guardian or spectator must not act nor behave in a way which could or is likely to cause an accident or harm to yourselves or others;
5.1.7 Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times (one piece for girls, trunks for boys, rash vests and goggles are also permitted) and long hair should be tied back, swimmers participating in lessons may be required to wear swimming hats;
5.1.8 You must accompany children to lessons and remain at the swimming pool venue at all times during the lesson;
5.1.9 You must take appropriate care of your possessions; personal items are left at owner’s risk. Neither We, nor the swimming pool will accept any liability for damage to, or loss of personal items or property;
5.1.10 Babies and young children must wear swimming nappies throughout the lesson until they have been fully toilet trained for at least 6 weeks;
5.1.11 Parents, guardians and/or adults accompanying children and any other spectator must not distract instructors during lessons;
5.1.12 No photography is permitted either during lessons or afterwards (whether of your own child or of others). Instructors may, on request and in their sole discretion, permit you to take a photograph of your own child at the end of a lesson. Please refer to STA Child Protection Guidelines;
5.1.13 Participants must ensure that they do not consume any food for at least 30 minutes before entering the pool for a lesson;
5.1.14 Participants may only enter the pool with the permission of the instructor;
5.1.15 Spectators should not wear outdoor shoes when poolside but should bring a pair of indoor flip flops or use shoe covers (if provided);
5.1.16 Spectators are not permitted to eat or drink sugary drinks on poolside or in the changing areas. Water is permitted in plastic bottles. No glassware or ceramics are permitted poolside; and
5.1.17 All parents, guardians and spectators must abide by the venue and swimming pool rules and any code of conduct.
5.2 *** Abuse to venue staff or any of our staff or instructors by any parents, guardians, spectators or swimmers will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to cancel and refuse to teach or offer future swimming lessons or tuition to a swimmer if any of the venues’ or our staff are subject to any physical or verbal abuse from a swimmer or their parents, guardians or spectators.***
5.3 ***Any behaviour which is likely to cause an accident or harm to the swimmer or others will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to cancel and refuse to teach or offer future swimming lessons or tuition to a swimmer if they, their parent guardian or any other spectator accompanying a swimmer is acting in a way which is likely to cause an accident or harm to themselves or others.***
5.4 Participation in lessons is dependent upon payment of the applicable fees. Should payment not be made within the timescales outlined in these terms then a swimmer’s place will be revoked and offered to a person on the waiting list.
6 Our Obligations
6.1 We will carry out our swimming lessons and other swimming services with reasonable care and skill.
6.2 We may suspend the lessons, or your child’s right to participate in the lessons, for the following reasons:
6.2.1 If you do not comply with any of your obligations set out above;
6.2.2 If payment is not made (without prejudice to any of our other rights); or
6.2.3 If a child’s behaviour is disruptive to other swimmers in the class.
6.3 In extreme cases or in cases of repeated instances of breach of the rules contained within these terms and conditions, we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to terminate this contract and cancel the swimmer’s lessons. Any such decision shall be final.
6.4 Please note that we can never guarantee the progression or outcome of a swimmer. Progression and improvement in swimming ability will be affected by a number of factors to include lesson engagement, effort and how often the swimmer attends lessons.
7 End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
8 Limit on our responsibility to you
8.1 Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury caused by our negligence) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
8.1.1 losses that:
(a) were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
(b) that were not caused by any breach on our part;
8.1.2 business losses; and
8.1.3 losses to non-consumers.
9 Cancellations and Refunds
9.1 As our classes are provided on a specific date and time and as spaces are limited, we do not offer a cancellation policy once you have booked and paid for lessons. Cancellation is not permitted once a course block has started nor for blocks of lessons which the swimmer has started but has not completed or not attended. However, if you have paid for lessons and the first lesson in the block of 6 lessons has not yet commenced, then please contact us as soon as possible.
9.2 No refunds will be made and no re-booking of any class is permitted due to swimmer absence. This is because class numbers are limited and if a swimmer misses a class, you are preventing somebody else from attending.
9.3 If we are unable to proceed with a lesson, particularly if it is due to an event outside of our control, we reserve the right to cancel the lesson. Where lessons or services are paid via Direct Debt your next month’s direct debit will be amended accordingly to reflect the cancelled lesson.
9.4 You may cancel future block bookings by informing us as soon as possible and in any event before payment for such block of lessons is due, however, cancellation is not permitted once a course block has started nor for blocks of lessons which the swimmer has started but has not finished. Where the swimming lessons are paid for via Direct Debt you will need to give one month calendar notice should you wish to stop the lesson, this must be in written form either to our postal address of to: email@example.com we will then notify you of the last Direct Debit payment date and amount due.
10.1 We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
10.2 If you are unhappy with our service to you generally or any other matter, please contact us as soon as possible.
10.3 If you want to take court proceedings, the courts of the part of the United Kingdom in which you live will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
10.4 The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract.
11 Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Aqua Fit Senior Ltd, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
A: Retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
B: You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Aqua Fit Senior Ltd.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
12 Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Aqua Fit Senior Ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Aqua Fit Senior Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Aqua Fit Senior Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Aqua Fit Senior Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Aqua Fit Senior Ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
13 Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Aqua Fit Senior Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
14 Other important terms
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
14.1 No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.
14.2 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
14.3 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the lessons, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.